1 Haziran 2015 Pazartesi

Book Reviw: CRESS by Marissa Meyer





 In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.






Hey, everyone! I am here to review an amazing and absolutely fantastic book for me: Cress by Marissa Meyer.
You can read my Scarlet review here.

Actually, when I read the first book, I didn't expect to Lunar Chronicles series is going to impress me too much. But at the end of the Scarlet, I realized that I really want to read this series more and more. All of the characters are amazing except Levana of course :)

The Lunar Chronicles series has the most amazing worldbuilding for me and at the end of the Cress, I think Marissa Meyer increased in a high level and in each book we can see the improvement gradually.


As like the previous books, the author makes the similarities with fairytales and in this book Cress is one of the main character and she is Rapunzel.

I really love her because she is so sweet and she has a deep love for Captain Thorne-like me- and I just felt sorry for her when she explained her feelings about being trapped in a satellite for seven years. She is so fragile and she just wants to see the World and be with Thorne.-every girl want that though-

I can hear your cryings about what it is happening between the other ships? Cinder/Kai? Scarlet/Wolf? I am going to explain everything and I will warn you may see spoilers ahead.

Cress/Thorne:
Is it the obvious thing these two characters are the best for me? Yeah, I love Thorne no I think it's more than that. I need him like Cress needs him. PLEASE. GIVE. ME. THORNE. PLEASE...

Anyway, Cress and Thorne is amazing together and if Thorne couldn't be mine he can't be with someone else except with Cress.

He is so sweet, He is just perfect match for Cress. I loved him in Scarlet too, but in this book, I can sense his emotions for Cress.

I think it's not open relationship like Scarlet and Wolf but you can sense the attraction between them. Especially I can feel Thorne's emotions when Cress kidnapped. I can't describe at all and can't say this feeling is definitely love but it's kind and similar of that. He cares about her and openly he has feelings for her. In my opinion, the first reason why their relationship is taking slowly is about his temporary blindness. And the second of it is Cress had known him as a hero and when he explains the reasons she got disappointed. No, she is not disappointed. Even she loved him more. But for Thorne, I think he may realized in that way but I hoped we can see their 'REAL relationship' I know because Marissa is an awesome writer.



Scarlet/Wolf: 
These two are my favorite ships in Scarlet but unfortunately, we can't see them together so much in Cress because of circumstances.

Cinder/Kai:
Finally we can see them together!! And reunited! They are so adorable at the end of the Cress.


NOTEABLE SCENES:

“Captain?""Yeah?""Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder.” 

 “I promise, I will not let you die without being kissed.” 
 “Captain,” she murmured.“I think I’m in love with you.”An eyebrow shot up. She counted six beats of his heart before, suddenly, he laughed.“Don’t tell me it took you two whole days to realize that. I must be losing my touch.”
“Knees suddenly weak, she reached for his forearms to stabilize herself. “You came for me.”
He beamed, looking for all the world like a selfless, daring hero.
“Don’t sound so surprised.” Dropping the cane, he pulled her into a crushing embrace that tore her away from Wolf and lifted her clean off the floor. “It turns out you are worth a lot of money on the black market.” 

If you love dystopian, young adult, space books with great sense of humor and with nonstop action, you definitely have to read this series. I really loved it and can't wait for the last book of the series: Winter.

I don't want to say good-bye to all of the characters even Levana and I really enjoyed every page of it. I hope and believe Marissa Meyer end this series with epic, romantic, dramaric, enjoying conclusion. I love her writing style because of this. You can feel the characters' feelings and want to be the part of the crew. And I feel like when I'm reading I'm the part of the crew. It's all amazing. Just. Read. It.




MY EMOTIONS GITH GIFS:

While I was reading Cress:

When my ships are perfectly matched together: (Especially Thorne and Cress)

Through the end of the book and already knew that cliffhanger is coming:
PLOT TWISTS: (Marissa did it very well)
Turn the pages and when I see the Acknowledgements part...
WANT THE NEXT BOOK IN MY HANDS!!!!!!!!!!
When I saw the release date of Winter:

And I realized Winter is going to be 824 pages full of awesomeness. HELL. YEAH. COME. ON.
THIS. SERIES. IS. THE. BEST.........





FULL OF 5 STARS MORE THAN FIVE STARS MILLION OF STARS THOUSAND OF STARS.........

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder