23 Mayıs 2015 Cumartesi

Book Review: THE BOOK OF IVY by Amy Engel


 


After a brutal nuclear war, the United States was left decimated. A small group of survivors eventually banded together, but only after more conflict over which family would govern the new nation. The Westfalls lost. Fifty years later, peace and control are maintained by marrying the daughters of the losing side to the sons of the winning group in a yearly ritual.
This year, it is my turn.
My name is Ivy Westfall, and my mission is simple: to kill the president’s son—my soon-to-be husband—and restore the Westfall family to power.
But Bishop Lattimer is either a very skilled actor or he’s not the cruel, heartless boy my family warned me to expect. He might even be the one person in this world who truly understands me. But there is no escape from my fate. I am the only one who can restore the Westfall legacy.
Because Bishop must die. And I must be the one to kill him…



Hey,everyone! I know I haven't been her for a long time but for now I am going to post a book reviews as much as possible. I finished The Book of Ivy yesterday and I am just speechless because I don't think I will love this book so much but now, after reading this amazing book, I can say this book is one of the most amazing book I've ever read.

It is so stunning and beautiful. I just can't define all of my feelings and the ending is torturing me. I don't know how I can wait till the next book.( The second book will out in November.)

If you love dystopian book with irresistable romance, you should no you must have to read this book.


Ivy is a strong girl who is determined to take her revenge from Lattimer's because of her father's revolution. I don't like Ivy's parents because they are acting to Ivy like she is a puppet and Ivy only wants to be loved by her parents.

I can't define Bishop because he became my favorite character in this book. Because he always does the right choice and his relationship with Ivy is so realistic because it takes slow and deep. He is honest, he has wishes and he wants to make Ivy happy. Bishop is so kind, sweet, handsome.. I can say Bishop has all of the good characters and possibly deserve to being loved by Ivy.



I can't say this book has full of action. Actually The Book of Ivy is a romance book more than dystopian. It has dystopian World but it isn't focused on the World-building like The Hunger Games or the other dystopian books. I like it in this way better because I love Bishop, Ivy and their relationship.

THE ENDING...
The most annoying part... When I realized the book has just finished, I just get upset because of the ending and also realized I have to wait untill November... Please give the second book to meee!!! TORTUREE!!!



“He blows out a breath, takes a step toward me. The hallway is so narrow that I’m pinned between the wall and his body, heat rolling off him in waves. “Yeah,” he says, voice low. “I feel things.” His green eyes burn. It’s the most emotion I’ve seen from him so far, and I have trouble taking a full breath, my lungs compressed with tension. “That’s the whole point, Ivy. I want you to feel them, too.”






“He didn’t save me, though. He allowed me the freedom to save myself, which is the very best type of rescue.”  


“You’re easy to read, Ivy, but the whole book of you is complicated.”


“He knows me better than anyone ever has. Than anyone ever will again. I would have stopped it if I could have. But I've learned the hard way, we can't choose who we love. Love chooses us. Love doesn't care about what's convenient or easy or planned. Love has its own agenda and all we can do is get out of its way.”  







Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder