27 Ocak 2015 Salı

Book Review: SCARLET by Marissa Meyer


Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive. Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.


 I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! I am falling in love with this book and while I was reading, I also shocked, cried, satisfied and so much more feelings I just felt.

This book is one of my favorites so far!! I want to give more than 5 stars because Scarlet is just amazing, interesting and I couldn't stop reading this book!

If you love retelling books, you will love the Lunar Chronicles series like me. The first book Cinder is also amazing too but Scarlet is just... I couldn't find a word that how can I describe Scarlet's amazingness. Please. Read!!!


The characters are wonderful. Scarlet is amazing girl. She is strong, determined to find her grandmother and if she wants to do something noone can stop her. She also so cute and pure, she doesn't want to hurt anoyone.

Wolf is a strong character who is appeared with a lot of unknown secrets. We gradually learn his secrets and when I read I shocked, I didn't expect that. Anyway, I don't give any spoilers to you :) He is kinda frightening when he is protecting someone. Like Scarlet. I love the fact that he was so protective for Scarlet.


Cinder is a fugitive now and when she escaped, she had also a new friend: Thorne. I love him! Thorne is so funny, amazing boy and when he jokes, you couln't resist so admit that was funny.

Levana is still the worst character in the series. I hate her and I just want to see Levana and Cinder's fighting for Kai!! Kai must with Cinder because they belong with each other. By the way, I kinda disappointed because we can't see Kai and Cinder's together scenes. That was so bad but anyway, that can't ruin this amazing book.
“A relieved grin filled up Thorne's face. "We're having another moment, aren't we?"
"If by a moment, you mean me not wanting to strangle you for the first time since we met, then I guess we are." Cinder slumped back on the floor. "Although maybe I'm just too exhausted to want to strangle anybody.” 
 Scarlet and Wolf''s relationship is amazing and this also explains why I loved this book so much. When they are together, you can feel their emotions and attraction between them. I don't remember which was the last book gave me emotions. But Scarlet gave me more than I expected to be.

“I knew they would kill me when they found out, but…” He struggled for words, releasing a sharp breath. “I think I realized that I would rather die because I betrayed them, than live because I betrayed you.” 

“But you're the only one, Scarlet. You'll always be the only one.” 


 The Lunar Chronicle series are so wonderful! I love science-fiction books with dystopia and amazing retellings. This book is so unique from the other books I've just read. So unfamiliar world and satisfied characters. When you started to read, you don't want to leave this amazing and also dangerous world. This book reminds you that reading a book is just not a hobby, it is diving to some other world which is impossible to get real.

Marissa Meyer is one of my favorite authors because she did a really great job who loves fairytale retellings. Thank you Marissa, I loved your imagination and I keep reading all of your books!! :)


“We met less than a week ago and in that time I've done nothing but lie and cheat and betray you. I know. But if you give me a chance...all I want is to protect you. To be near you. For as long as I'm able.” 
 

“If you were a gentleman, you would offer to buy me one as well."
"If you were a lady, you would have waited for me to make the offer.” 


 “Wolf, are you asking me to be ... your alpha female?"He hesitated.Scarlet couldn't help it - she burst into laughter. "Oh - I'm sorry. That was mean. I know I shouldn't tease you about this."Still grinning, she made to retract her hand, but he was suddenly gripping it, refusing to relinquish the touch. "You just look so scared, like I'm going to disappear any minute. We're stuck on a spaceship, Wolf. I'm not going anywhere." His lips twitched, his nervousness beginning to ease away, though his hand stayed tense over hers."Alpha female," he murmured. "I sort of like that."Beaming, Scarlet gave a mild shrug. "It could grow on me.” 










 I loved this series so much!! Please read if you love retellings, dystopian, science-fiction books. Because I know that you will not disappoint. :)

Beautiful well-written book with interesting worldbuilding and awesome characters. Scarlet deserve much more than 5-stars but if I have to rate offically, I gave 5/5 stars for this amazing book':)



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder