8 Eylül 2014 Pazartesi

Book Review: THE EDGE OF NEVER by J.A. Redmerski



Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.
Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?


 The Edge of Never is much more than a book that I thought before. This book make you cry, laugh, crazy and angry easily. You can feel Camryn and Andrew's emotions in it with both their thoughts and persfectives.
I started this book four months ago but I can't really read because of exams and now I am glad to read and finally finished today. Because I couldn't think that I can focus on my exams when I am reading it.
Generally, I don't prefer new-adult books but The Edge of Never has been made a exception and one new-adult book is going to be one of my favorites so far!
Actually, this is so romantic and pure book with no betrayals or violence, which makes me fall in love with this book more.

Our main characters are Camryn and Andrew and they have been through so much difficult situations. Also they will when they met too.
Camryn isn't an annoying girl who likes crying or mourning for every rough situation. This makes her not a typical new-adult heroine. She is strong enough to battle against life's cruelties.
Exactly, this picture is how I imagine her when I am reading. Her blonde braid is like her personality and I like that I can imagine characters and happenings easily in my mind.

“Heart always wins out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on its own, always gets its way.” 



 Andrew is an alpha-male character but he has a fragile and so romantic heart. I love his personality, he never bothers me although I wish we could learn much about his brothers; Aidan and Asher.
When the pages are gone one by one, you can guess that what can be the Andrew's secret. I guess easily but I had concerns with it and I just hoped that I would be wrong. Also in that day, I see in my dreams that I guess the same idea about secret and search in the internet and I just saw that is true. When I woke up, the dream make me feel weird because I just feel that I already know what the secret is :D So funny and weird, I know :)

I don't want to give this book just 5-stars. Because 5-stars is actually couldn't demonstrate that how much I love this book. I just want to give all of the universe's stars :) That might seem I am a little bit exaggerating but when you read that book, you can actually think about the same way.

“You were the missing piece of my soul, the breath in my lungs, and the blood in my veins.” 
 “I think that if past lives are real then we have been lovers in every single one of them. I've known you for a short time, but I feel like I've known you forever.” 
 “Just that dwelling and planning is bullshit, you dwell on the past, you can’t move forward. Spend too much time planning for the future and you just push yourself backwards, or you stay stagnant in the same place all your life. Live in the moment, where everything is just right, take your time and limit your bad memories and you’ll get wherever it is you’re going a lot faster and with less bumps in the road along the way.” 
 “Just remember to always be yourself and don’t be afraid to speak your mind or to dream out loud” 
 “I want you, goddammit! … The thought of you leaving at never seeing you again tears-me-up-inside! … I can’t fucking breathe without you!” 
“You two were meant to be together. It's like some wicked fucking fairytale love story that you just can't make up, y'know?” 
 “Are you in love with me, Camryn Bennett?”… “Not yet,” I say with a smile in my voice, “but I’m getting there.” 
 “The moment you see someone attractive, you can't help but make note of it. It's human nature.” 




If you love romance books with road-trip travels and devastated characters you will love this book like me. There is no more words to describe my feelings; this book is just blew me away and make me cry. I am planning to read this book again and again. Because it is worth to read.
I heard that there is also the second book and I am really curious about it too. I can't wait to read more Andrew and Camryn scenes I already miss them so much!!

I hope you enjoy my review, have a nice week!! :)







Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder