25 Ocak 2015 Pazar

Book Review: THE DARKEST MINDS by Alexandra Bracken



When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that’s killed most of America’s children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.
Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.
When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she’s on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her—East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents.
When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at a life worth living.

 Hey everyone! I started to read this book in December's last days and finished it in January 2015 and I have lots of time to review it but I don't really want to post something so I apologise. And here I am, finally doing my book review.

This is going to be my first book review in 2015 and The Darkest Minds is a good start for my 2015-reads. I really enjoyed while I was reading and hoped that I will never see the ending. The ending... I don't want to talk about that because my emotions are still hurts and feels like I had just finished the book 5 minutes ago.

Anyway, this book is amazing. I can't wait to read the second one and hopefully after that ending, I have some wishes to come true. You need to read if you want to learn what I am talking about.

This is a dystopia novel and I don't really like dystopian books. Despite this I loved this book very much.

First of all, I want to talk about characters. I loved Ruby, Liam and Chubs very much. But I hate Clancy. He is so irritating and so violent but pretend to be like kind. But I can sense him in a first sight and I want to warn Ruby...

Liam is one of the best book boyriends ever. He is so cute, kind, sweet and also strong. His characteristic is wonderful. He has got a lot of pain too but he is strong and he never do something bad to his friend. Especially Ruby. When Liam came up in book, I know that they are going to be more than friends. And their relationship's developing is so wonderful and realistic.

Ruby is a strong girl even her some bad choices. She is also dangerous and that's why she is so careful at her friends. She doesn't want to hurt them.




“Did you know...you make me so happy that sometimes I actually forget to breath? I'll be looking at you, and my chest will get so tight...and it's like, the only thought in my head is how much I want to reach over and kiss you.” 

 “He's so busy looking inside people to find the good that he misses the knife they're holding in their hand.” 

“Never, never, never. I am never going to forget you.” 


              











       He just looks like Liam!!! Cute!! :)

“That was not like riding a bike, you asshole!” 
 “That was the Liam Stewart way of saying, Hi, darlin', missed you something fierce.” 




I gave this book 4- stars and I actually want to give 5-stars but the ending makes me so disappointed and sad. I don't know, I just can't give 5-stars but hopefully I want to give the sequel :) I hope.. :)

Anyway, If you are looking for amazing book with different world, amazing characters, powerful children and colorful classification, this is the best book for this category. Interesting plot and interesting book.

I recommend this book very much.
I hope you are going to enjoy it too.
I hope that I can get the second book as soon as possible.
I hope that the second book is going to be amazing like that.

Yes, I have so much expectations for the second one and this can show that how much I like The Darkest Minds too, right?


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder