13 Temmuz 2013 Cumartesi

BOOK SHOP ALARM!!

BOOK SHOP ALARM!!

In this part, I am going to share the new books I bought. And I am going to write the summary about the book. This is the first time I am going to do this activity and I am curious to share my books to you!! :)
LET'S START.....

1- The Elite by Kiera Cass
I wrote The Selection's review before. If you want to read, you can find it.:) (By the way, I love the first book). I am really excited about reading The Elite because the first book is awesome and my expectations is in the highest point now. And... WHAT A GORGEOUS COVER!!
SUMMARY:
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending
 
2- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon                                                                                                             
I just heard the book is going to be a TV series and I just bought the book. I love the summary by the way :). Outlander has 838 pages... wow!! Can I finish this book? I believe Outlander isn't going to disappoint me. I am going to read Outlander as soon as and write my review. So follow me :))
SUMMARY:
The year is 1945. Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon--when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach--an "outlander"--in a Scotland torn by war and raiding Highland clans in the year of Our Lord...1743.

Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into intrigues and dangers that may threaten her life...and shatter her heart. For here she meets James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, and becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire...and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
 
3- Matched by Allie Condie                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                           I love dystopian books. So I want to read Matched immediately.
                                                                    SUMMARY:
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.


4- Opal by Jennifer Armentrout
 
 This is the third book in Lux series. I can't write my review about the first and second one because I read Obsidian and Onyx before. I and my friend created the blog on June so I forget. But tomorrow or Monday I can write my review about Obsidian. By the way Lux series is AWESOME! (the reason is Daemon :))
SUMMARY:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
 
5- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver                                                                                                          
 
 I bought the first book Delirium before but I can't read because my homeworks are so much. But in vacation I can read Delirium and then Pandemonium. Another dystopian books are coming!! :))
SUMMARY:
I’m pushing aside
the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana
and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.
 
6- Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
I just reviewed Under The Never Sky yesterday. I love the first one. I am happy to buy Through The Ever Night. My review coming soon as soon as possible :))))
SUMMARY:
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both. Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder,Can their love survive through the ever night? In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.
                                                                                        

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder