31 Ekim 2014 Cuma

HALLOWEEN!!


I am doing interesting thing about social media's one of the most important day; Halloween. As we already know that today is 31st October and that means get your costumes and get prepared for Halloween! I live in Turkey so in our country we don't celebrate but I will always want to celebrate Halloween because I am really interested in about these kind of entertaining special days.

I am telling you some book recommendations, film recommendations, TV series recommendations and special costume advices for Halloween!

It might include thrilling recommendations and it may makes you shiver! But it's Halloween, anyway :)






TV SERIES:

I am currently watching Morganville and The Flash. I read Morganville Vampires Series that's why I am watching tv series in Youtube. I din't like it but I like the idea of everyday new episode plan for Halloween because each episode is most 10 minutes and they end the episode in cliffhanger of course.

Anyway, I watch all of these TV series except one of them: American Horror Story. I put this on the list because as we can see by its cover, it looks definitely scary! I am planning to watch American Horror Story for Halloween!

If you prefer vampires, I advice Morganville, or if you want to see more blood definitely your choice must be Walking Dead. Do you think werewolfs are the scariest? Okay, I am gonna say Teen Wolf of course :))



FILMS:



Dracula is a new film and I am really excited to watch this because I always have a really interesting connection with vampire books and films. Especially books. Like Morganville Vampires and Vampire Academy.

I watch trailer and that make me more interested. I am planning to watch this soon. By the way, I love the poster; those bats like his wings. Really original and captivating.









Did you recognize the title? Yes, this film is a book adaptation which is by  's best-selling book Gone Girl. I haven't read it or watched it yet but I hope I will read the book first because I heard lots of good things about the book!










BOOKS:

And these are my advices for who wants to spend their time to read scary books for Halloween. Actually I only read Anna Dressed in Blood but I really want to get the other books sooner :)

You can find the book description for each book which I recommend, I hope you will have a great Halloween and apologize for inattentive post. I had great plans for this post however I just don't have a time so I write fast as soon as I can.

Anyway, please comment below about your plans for today, what you're reading, watching :)





1- GONE GIRL - 
On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne's fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick's clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn't doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife's head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media--as well as Amy's fiercely doting parents--the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he's definitely bitter--but is he really a killer? As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn't do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?

2- BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA -


You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…
Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town… until River West comes along. River rents the guest house behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. 
Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more?
Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery... who makes you want to kiss back. 
Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.
Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.

 3- ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD- 

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.
So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. They follow legends and local lore, destroy the murderous dead, and keep pesky things like the future and friends at bay.
Searching for a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas expects the usual: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, now stained red and dripping with blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.
Yet she spares Cas's life.

4-  MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN- 



A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of very curious photographs.
It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.
A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder