15 Eylül 2014 Pazartesi

Book Review: THE WINNER'S CURSE by MARIE RUTKOSKI


Winning what you want may cost you everything you love.
As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. 
Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. 
Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.


One of the most beautiful cover I've ever seen. And by the way this is the important fact to why I read this book. But when I learn the plot and watch the trailer, this beauty is just not by it seem, also it is beautiful by inside.
  The plot is mysterious and you couldn't stop your curiousness. When I saw this book in Book Depository, I thought that nothing can stop me for buy this beauty even the price. And I bought it and fell in love! :)
 The Winner's Curse is as shady as Game of Thrones and I believe all of Game of Thrones fans will love this book like me.


Kestrel is a Valorian and general's daughter so she has two options; marriage or join the military. But she doesn't plan these things.
She is not as powerful as our young adult badass heroines but she has a powerful strategy and this makes her clever.
I really like and also annoyed her. Liked her because she doesn't need to request for help because she can save her own life easily.
I didn't like her because she sometimes makes wrong choices and especially through the ending. She really annoyed me.

And our second main character is Arin. I love Arin so much! He is so strong and also cute and by the way he sometimes annoyed me like Kestrel. They are my favorite couples and their relationship is so real.
In the beginning of the book, they don't like each other but then gingerly they become friends. And then the friendship is becoming so much more and they just can't stop their feelings for each other. They also appealed the rumors about they are together but they know somethings going on between them. That's so obvious. But this make the book's more realistic and believable love.


“Isn't that what stories do, make real things fake, and fake things real?” 

 “Arin wondered if she would lift her eyes, but wasn’t worried he would be seen in the garden’s shadows.He knew the law of such things: people in brightly lit places cannot see into the dark.” 

“You might not think of me as your friend,' Kestrel told Arin, 'but I think of you as mine.” 


“Happiness depends on being free, and freedom depends on being courageous.” 

 The Winner's Curse's ending is just heartbreaking and impressing. I really recommend this book to all Game of Thrones and high fantasy lovers with romance. It is a really fun, heartberaking, beautiful read for me and The Winner's Curse became one of my favorites so far! I can't wait to read next book The Winner's Crime and it's going out in March!!! Waiting is torture for me.
Anyway, if you love intrigues, romance, plot-twisting, cliffhangers, you will really love this book as much as me. I wanted to make a special review but actually nothing can explain all of my feelings about this book. Don't hesitate, just read!! :)





                                                                   MY RATING:


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder