1 Temmuz 2015 Çarşamba

Book Review: THESE BROKEN STARS by Amie Kaufman/ Megan Spooner



It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone. 

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help. 

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.





These Broken Stars has gorgeous cover with amazing dress'es green and blue's combination. And that's the exact reason to first impression for this book. I think book's cover usually makes a first impression on me. I know it's bad in different situations because this makes you a little bit prejudiced.

Anyway, Amie Kaufman and Megon Spooner's first book makes a huge excitement for young adult lovers when it comes out. I am really curious about what's it about and I finally finished this book. I firstly have to tell that for the fact of the book's amazing cover, I expect so much things in These Broken Stars. Yeah, I liked and enjoyed that book but unfortunately it doesn't blew me away.





The Characters:

Lilac: When I started to read this book and heard she is really rich because of her family, I imagined her like she is a little sassy teenage girl. But when I continued to read and learn more about her, she has reasons to act like in the beginning. She isn't sassy or trying to make people love her. She is just Lilac. She just wants to be herself even trapped in another unknown planet, she acts so strong. She had pains inside too. I don't want to talk about it because it explained through the end of the book I don't want to ruin this book to you :))




Tarver: I loved him so much! I can tell you why he is so cute I have a lot of reasons to explain!!

  1. He is a powerful soldier. ( In young adult, generally we don't see soldiers but I think this makes our character cooler and stronger)
  2. He has painful losses but he made a way to figure it out and he can handle it succesfully
  3. His acts for Lilac and how he care about her and how he explains his feelings about her... (I am going to start a fangirling mode I've to stop myself :))
  4. He is so hot. (In my imagination, he is definitely hot and you can imagine easily when Lilac describes her :))






I recommend These Broken Stars to all young adult lovers. At the beginning of the book, happenings are slow-motioned but when you continued this book is going upgrading gradually. I loved this book and I recommend to YA-lovers :)))





“You're you,' he repeats, his eyes full of grief. 'You're the same girl who crashed on this planet with me, who I dragged through forests and over mountains, who climbed through a shipwreck full of bodies to save my life. You're the same girl I loved, and I love you now.” 


                                                 4 Sweet Owls to THESE BROKEN STARS




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder